Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Hare-y Issue

Another 100 word story.

This came about as I was reading a book on religious cult, and being raised in one as a child.  It's an amazing read, to see how the person got out at the age of twenty and trying to transition to a world totally different from how it was painted to her.

Plus the fact that I had Cartoon Network running as background noise as I looked for a story.

So this came about thanks to Bugs Bunny, and a theme from a non-fiction book.  I'll post a review about it as soon as I'm finished with it.

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://www.wix.com/blog/2011/12/plain-beautiful-exquisite-animal-photography/






05/04/2014 (Monday)- A Hare-y Issue

          Today found me at a race, our spectators lining up at the sides of the track: fairy tale animals from Aardvark to Zebra.  Making bets if the human would beat last year’s winner.

          I watched as the two other runners came up:  a tortoise, and a hare.

          I shook hands with the rabbit, wished him best of luck, congratulations for winning last year.

          It wasn’t me, he said.

          “Well, I’m sure you’ll beat him this year.”

          He gave me this sad, tired look.

          You can’t change the ending.  I’ve tried.

          “Why?”

          It’s hard to change a belief fed to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment