Saturday, October 25, 2014

Where I Stroll on Sundays

Another 100 word story.

My crazy 3 month-no-weekend of work is finally over, slowly getting back into writing, reading, people watching (not the stalking kind).

I'm gearing myself up for NaNoWriMo with a story I've been playing around in my head for the better part of a year, asked a friend who joined it twice for tips and help in putting my thoughts into paper.  It looks good in my head, the problem is that I'm a pantser rather than a plotter kind of guy, so I need help getting the kinks out.

I guess my stories are still a little depressing, its that no-weekend funk that's still hanging about me.  I promise to get rid of it soon.

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://nw10photography.wordpress.com/tag/kensal-green-cemetery/






05/10/2014 (Sunday)-  Where I Stroll on Sundays

          I found myself walking along Curlew’s silent concrete hills, names and dates carved with loving phrases and good byes.  A loving husband.  A good mother.  A son gone too soon.

          I wasn’t alone walking this memory garden.  There were families with flowers, an old man talking about his day and how he misses her laugh, and there were your nobodies just like me.  People jogging around in circles with no where to go, no one to visit.

          I watched them leave as the sky turned crimson, that ambivalent color between day and night.

          Leaving me alone with nowhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment