Friday, May 9, 2014

They Sell Dreams

Another 100 word story.

I actually had a good time.  It was the Flower/Garden festival at Epcot, but I noticed as I was sitting in the shade watching that there were quite a bit of people not too happy to be there, or not too happy with the wait time for the lines.

These people, I felt at the time, paid way too much to be unhappy--or pretending to be happy.

Enjoy.

*edit: changed a few things up a bit and noticed I repeated a word (argh!) before posting, so revision and corrections.  Sorry about that.

*picture is originally from http://gallery.rrdphoto.com/Still-Life/Wilted-Flowers-on-Solid/i-W2S3dg4






04/09/2014 (Thursday)- They Sell Dreams

          I watched people walking aimlessly about, and people walking with a purpose to reach the end of the lines—spending an inordinate amount of time, for a pittance of happiness.  Wilting under a hot Florida sun.

          The flowers were happy.  Getting cooled and watered by the gardeners almost every hour, I gave up blood for a small cold plastic bottle of water.

          I sat back down to watch people pretending to be happy for a moment, trying to stop time just for today.

          Paying too much for a bit of wholesale imagination.

          Selling out just for some black Disney magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment