Friday, May 2, 2014

Such Sweet Thunder

Another 100 word story.

This definitely felt something that deserves to be longer, but I don't think I'm ready to actually open up that part of my life I packed away.  I blame myself for the way that relationship ended, we were too young when we met, but she was perfect in my eyes.  The funny thing is after five years she reaches out to tell me that she's getting married, and that she's pregnant:  Congratulations, I'm happy for you, was all I could type out.  I didn't trust my voice if I had called:  I'm happy for you.  We met too early, and I was too selfish.  

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://www.splashnology.com/article/100-mind-blowing-hdr-photography/450/






04/03/2014 (Friday)- Such Sweet Thunder

          I placed the record on the turntable, The Starcrossed Lovers playing.  Seemed appropriate to play Duke Ellington’s album during a grey morning storm, songs and thunder reminding me of her:  it was raining when we met, on a corner, under a red umbrella.

          There were tears in her eyes, or it might’ve just been the rain, I can’t tell anymore, but I knew I loved her when I fell into them.

          It ended the same way we met that day.

          At a corner with raindrops in our eyes.

          The music had ended, but the storm was still playing her song.

No comments:

Post a Comment