Thursday, May 1, 2014

Everything Must Go

Another 100 word story.

I've seen a lot of garage sales in my neighborhood lately, with FOR SALE real estate signs on their lawns.  It's a little hard seeing these silent neighbors of mine go away, looking for better lives somewhere far away, their children reluctant to give up their plastic treasures.

It leaves me wondering, how long until I'm selling my own life in a box?

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://www.earth-photography.com/Countries/USA/USA_San-Francisco_Garage_Sale.html






04/02/2014 (Thursday)- Everything Must Go

          I stopped at a garage sale in my neighborhood, my curiosity getting the better of me.  The usual items lined the table:  a lucky shirt of overpriced sentimental value, a maybe antique lamp made in china, broken toys, dusty memories, a family’s life… cash only, please.

          The man behind the table tried to smile, hoping that I had money to spend:  Sorry, just browsing, I told him with a shrug.  His smile turning hard like his luck.  His eyes giving up.

          I’d like to help, but there’s nothing I could do.

          Going back to my garage sale across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment