Thursday, May 8, 2014

Book Reviews: Making It Home

This is one of my favorite people that I've met on Google+, I've enjoyed visiting her blog many times, and am now a proud owner of two of her kindle books.  







          It was her voice that got me.

          I don't usually read these type of stories, but reading her blog posts and watching her introduction video, you can't help but cheer for this happy writer.

          Her book "Making It Home," I was amazed at how solid the characters voices were right at the start, how easy it was to relate to her characters as though they were people you're reconnecting with after a long time.  You can't help but root for them as they face their own personal obstacles and tragedies as they try to cling on to a past that they can't hold on to, or, in some cases for some characters, let go of.

          There were some parts that I wish the author had gotten deeper into, maybe highlighted some of the potential themes she hinted at with a few of the characters.  Even though she didn’t touch on those subjects, the main theme is such a strong page turner.

          I enjoyed reading "Making It Home" and have since picked up another of her books for my next reading "Flying Free” for this Summer break, eager to hear her sweet narrative voice one more time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment