Sunday, April 27, 2014

An Equal Distribution of Sin

Another 100 word story.

I bumped into the title reading a screenplay, it was just a very powerful line and there were so many ways to go with it.  This story pretty much came out from that, but like I said, its a very powerful line and there are so many ways to play with it as a starting point.  But since it's Sunday...

Enjoy as I head off to sleep in a pew.

*edit*  was walking around work with the story in my head and realized I needed to re-write it up.  Hope the edits made it a little better.

*picture is originally from http://www.shootingfilm.net/2013/05/stunning-surreal-photography-by-jerry.html






03/30/2014 (Monday)- An Equal Distribution of Sin

          You know sin wasn’t something we made, right? said the Devil as I got ready for church: donning my Sunday best, checking my tithe envelope, pretending to be a good catholic.  

          Its man-made, just like every other horrible thing you’ve done to yourselves:  war, prostitution, slavery, Beliebers.  You all just needed someone to blame.  I’m the victim here.

          “You’re just tempting me in order to take my soul,” I told him, putting my faith in a pocket lined with doubt.

          Actually, no.  We’re full as it is.  I’m trying to get you to stop blaming others for your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment