Sunday, March 30, 2014

Just a Memory

Another 100 word story.

I'd like to go to the beach more.  For some reason real life just keeps getting in the way:  school, work (with the weird rotating shifts), family, etcetera, etcetera...

Thankfully I'll have a few days off coming up soon and I'll probably bring one of my unfilled sketchbooks along just for fun, and of course a few books.

This story pretty much came up from all the times I've built sand castles by the sea, and thinking I could protect it against her waves.  I never felt bad when it would get washed away, it just meant I got to make another castle.  Plus I have wonderful memories of going to the beach with my cousins in the Philippines, where you could rent a bamboo raft and have a picnic on the sea.  Good times.  Good memories.

Enjoy this little story.

*picture is originally from http://travel.lovetoknow.com/wiki/MS_Beach_Vacation_Condos






03/13/2014 (Thursday)- Just a Memory

As a boy I built sand castles as close as I could to the sea.  

It was a game I always lost but still played every time.

I would build walls to protect it, dig trenches to save it from her waves.  

I watched as her salty tears filled the trenches, as her fingers pulled down the walls, and as she took the sand castle with her ebb and flows.  Taking away that fleeting moment of accomplishment and turning it into a memory.

It’s one of the reasons I enjoy going to the beach.  

All the memories in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment