Friday, March 28, 2014

Growing Up Debt

Another 100 word story.

Well its been a boring day of me just balancing my accounts, mind-numbingly boring, so I figured since I've got nothing else exciting I thought I'd try to channel that.

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://www.zillamag.com/art/surreal-photography-by-hugh-kretschmer/attachment/surreal-photography-by-hugh-kretschmer-13/






03/11/2014 (Tuesday)- Growing Up Debt

I was burning the midnight oil trying to balance my account against an ever growing stack of bills, receipts, loans, and life.

The older I become, the more imbalanced the accounting in my life seemed to get—gone are my daydream minutes, replaced instead by the tick-tock demands of an infernal clock; gone are my invisible friends who shared impossible secrets and worlds, taken away by the pills they gave for me to take.

And my dreams since have been nothing but still pools of blackness and of maddening silence.

For the music and colors had all seeped away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment