Sunday, February 16, 2014

Saturday Morning

Another 100 word story.

Woke up early yesterday (Saturday) morning to do some errands, rushed back to eat before heading to work and decided to have the TV on while I ate.  As I was flipping through some channels I saw some old cartoons on a few channels that I used to watch as a child.  I kept it on for a few seconds, but decided to watch the news instead.

and I wondered.  When did I stop enjoying cartoons (well... not really, I still watch.  I just prefer them on my days off and not when I have to rush to work) and prefer watching the news over them?

*picture is originally from http://hypertext.net/photos/page11/






02/15/2014 (Saturday)- Saturday Morning

               My favorite cartoon hero paid me a visit.  I had watched him growing up, enjoying his faded technicolor hijinks and his quirky tales on the importance of friendship and being an All-American hero. 

               You’ve stopped watching, he said in a voice filled with Saturday morning memories. 

               “I grew up.” I poured myself a bowl of Cheerios. 

               You’ve forgotten about us.  His gloved cartoon hands on the table. 

               “No.  I remember.  You taught me lessons that couldn’t apply to me, and morals that can’t work in a broken world.”

               You’re older.

               “No.  Just tired,” I said turning back to the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment