Friday, January 10, 2014

Washed Up Dreams

An extra 100 word story.  I'm in a rush so really can't say much since I'll be late for a movie.  Hahaha, enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/683716/






Washed Up Dreams

               I stood on the beach as the sun took its journey home West.  Watched salted waves wash over discarded dreams on the shore, taking them along old secret trading currents like lost messages in bottles. 

               Little dreams, big dreams, and a few childhood wishes. 

               I picked through them as the moon rose up higher in the sky. 

               I found ones similar to my old childhood dreams which left me long ago.

               I prayed for one that would help me become a better man, a stronger man. 

               I walked back to the house empty-handed, to a house no longer a home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment