Thursday, January 9, 2014

Glass Slipper

Another 100 word story.

I wanted to put down a conversation I overheard while I was out and about a long time ago.  I forgot where exactly I heard this, but basically it was a couple that were arguing about smoking.  I basically wondered what it was like to be at home with them, would they be the same as they were in public?

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://www.photographyblogger.net/24-brilliant-pictures-of-broken-glass/






01/09/2014 (Thursday)- Glass Slipper

               “Won’t you stop smoking?” she asks as she cleans the table putting down a just-empty glass ashtray.

               He takes a deeper drag in reply. 

               “What do you want?” he asks.  “I’m tired of all this nagging.  Just tell me what you want.”

               “I just want you to stop smoking.”

               “You wanna divorce?  We might as well get a divorce.”

               She looks at him quietly, her hands shaking.

               “I don’t ask much.  I don’t drink.  I need this.”

               He taps the ashes onto the just-cleaned table and leaves the room. 

               She cries in silence. 

               Her white rag too dirty for tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment