Sunday, January 5, 2014

Validation: Only When Needed

Another 100 word story.

I hate to say it.  I've done a story similar to this where we all seem tethered to our phones via social media and it seems very, well, hypocritical of me to write about it when I suffer from the same addiction.  This pretty much came about as I was checking my blog earlier today, as well as my personal Facebook page, and wondered where all those notifications were that kept popping up so much just last week?

I guess this is my way of saying I'll cut back on checking Facebook and Google+ notifications.  So I'm going to put down the phone and focus my time and attention to the people I'm with at that moment.

Enjoy this little story.  Hahaha, and sorry I went so weird with the last two stories.  I just had to write them that way.  I'll try to pull back from the weird.

*picture is originally from http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/06/05/apple-to-appeal-itc-samsung-ruling/






01/05/2014 (Sunday)- Validation: Only When Needed

               Again… I check my phone. 

               Damn it, no notifications.  No email, text, call, or requests. 

               Dropping my phone to the table I flip it over so that its face down.  Trying to resist the need for connection and affirmation, the search for inherent value and meaning in the mundane. 

               I focus on the work screen in front of me: 

Patients. 
Requests. 
Narcotic medications. 

               Consumption of an abstract need burns me. 

               Try as I can with all my might, my eyes return to my phone. 

               I agonize

               Over this constant

               Need for validation.  To feel that I’m here, living, ali—

                                                            Ring-ring         

               

No comments:

Post a Comment