Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Insomnia

Another late 100 word story update.  Will be pumping them out as quickly as I can type and edit them.  Will find time to study and finish up my short story later.

I've been tossing and turning lately due to some bad scheduling at work.  I'm being rotated in night and day shifts, so my sleep cycle is a little messed up.  This is basically a bit of how I've been feeling the past few days.

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-c-miller/pig-born-with-wings_b_812882.html






12/08/2013 (Sunday)- Insomnia

               I’ve been waiting for Sleep to come home the past few nights, each appearance coming later and later as I lay awake.  Night sounds and white noise filling the silent lonely room.

Waiting.  Worrying.

Counting.  Up and down of sheep, and flying pigs.  I checked the clock, worried that Sleep may have forgotten that I needed her in bed with me.  4 a.m.  Almost time for work, and still she isn’t home in bed with me.  An empty space.

               Tossing.  Turning.        

               All I wanted was a handful of stardust, and pastel-colored dreams.

               I stayed up a little longer waiting.

               Awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment