Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Extra Time

Another 100 word story (sorta story).  I was watching the clock, worried whether or not my brother might miss his flight that I forgot to spend that extra time with him before he left.  I regret it, instead of living off the clock I could have spent it with one last chat before seeing him off.  

It's funny.  I keep thinking about the time that I'm losing as I stare at the clock that I never have the chance to actually be there at that moment enjoying it.  

Enjoy the moments that you have with family.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and will be able to meet up with family and friends again for this coming Christmas.  







12/02/2013 (Monday)- Extra Time

It’s a matter of time.

Sixty seconds to a minute.  A minute for a moment.  Late an hour.  Delayed a day.

You and I live by them.  Numbers made up to bring order and structure to our lives.  Planning our days and events around them:  Remember this, these, and that—it’s important, don’t be late, please remember.

Don’t forget.

A family weekend.  Fifteen-minute breaks.  Missed occasions.  Lost time.

You and I try to escape it at times:  Beat it.  Make more of it.  Need it.

All that time, yet we can never just be here.

Just for now.  Just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment