Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Christmas Star

Another 100 word story.  Finally found a story in me that's more Christmas-y compared to my earlier December stories.

Sorry it took so long.  I let life get in the way and made it an excuse for not keeping up with the blog, and pushing myself to keep your imaginations fed.

This story was fun to write.  I took a step back from trying to write like other people this time around and returned to writing back to when I first started this blog.  I think it apt that I wrote the story in this style and voice.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Merry Christmas.  Happy Holidays.  Thank you for taking the time to read and enjoy my stories.

*picture is originally from http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-1672915-stock-footage-hd-seamless-loop-with-bethlehem-christmas-star-twinkling-stars-and-moving-wispy-clouds.html






12/23/2013 (Monday)- A Christmas Star

               I took a star to keep. 

A twinkling dream, a golden light, its points all agleam. 

               I stole it from the highest bough, amongst strings of twinkling colored-lights, silver streams of glittered strings, and fragile ornaments of glass. 

               I marveled at my precious treasure, turning it here and there, I noticed golden tears falling aglow in a sad lonely light.  It whispered of a family, of brother and sister stars.  It cried for its home, a child too lost to find his way.

               I took him out through the snow, returning him to his family. 

               Restoring him to the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment