Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Smell of Ink

Another 100 word story.  I'll be taking a semester off from college just to give myself leeway to put in more time for writing, and actually tackling my first novella (the outline of which is almost done).  

Life is about taking a chance.  Taking a risk.  I feel that thanks to this little project I've found my narrative voice, as well as my strengths and weaknesses.  I'm far from being a brilliant writer, even further from the authors I enjoy reading.  I feel, however, that it's time to test my chops on a longer story while still keeping my 100 word project going(243 days and 18 hours left 'til the end).  

I'm not quitting my day job.  I'm just looking for more time to write.  

Plus I think I owe it to you my readers to actually do a longer story than 100 words and a simple short story.  Thanks to everyone who have enjoyed my stories so far and have shared it with family and friends.  

What will my novella be about?  The only one thing I can tell you for sure is that the Calico is involved in it.  

This daily 100 word story is dedicated to everyone who loves the smell of ink, and the feel of a pen in their hands.  

Enjoy.  

*picture is originally from http://thebarking.com/tag/photography/






11/07/2013 (Thursday)- The Smell of Ink

I was asked by family why I write.

What do you get from it?  What will you make from it?

I get self-discovery with each story I write.  I face my fears and failures constantly on paper.  At times I catch that illusive muse, guiding my hand to transcribe my rambling twisted dreams into stories, there are times when I don’t catch her and merely form incoherent words.

I see myself through different perspectives.

I try on different names.

What will I make?  What do I get from it?

I get to make stories.  I get to smell the ink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment