Friday, November 22, 2013

Re: Christmas Lights

Another 100 word storytelling, this is basically my Thursday in a nutshell.  I felt that I just had to share our Christmas family moment, we(they) still haven't settled on which plan in regards to putting up the Christmas lights.  While they argued I got to enjoy +Dyane Forde's book (which everyone should pick up) and finished it.  

Christmas.  It brings out the best in all of us.  

Enjoy this little retelling of familial joy.  







11/21/2013 (Thursday)- Re: Christmas Lights

We decided to meet up at 10 a.m. to put up the Christmas lights around the house and bushes for my mother and father.  

Naturally, our maternal grandfather (civil engineer.  Half-blind.  Half-deaf)  had these elaborate plans involving hooks and duct tape (and wanted things done his way).  My father (mechanical engineer) wanted it done his way involving the gutter.  My younger brother (computer engineer) just wanted it done according to the instructions.  I (Writer.  Asian failure) sat down, read a book, and let them argued.

6 p.m. still no lights.  Mother asked what happened?

I shrugged and replied:

“We’re men.”

No comments:

Post a Comment