Saturday, November 9, 2013

Drowning in Trivialities

Another new 100 word story for the weekend.  The times I post stories won't be the same since things at work have changed.  I'll have no weekends off until the start of next year, and my shifts will be jumping between night and early morning shifts, so apologies to those who have gotten used to the times I used to post stories.  

This story captures that feeling I had yesterday at work, trying to keep up with the demands of everyone.  I always look forward to the end of the day when I can just sit down and write.  

Enjoy.  

*picture is originally from http://mariovittone.com/2010/05/154/






11/09/2013 (Saturday)- Drowning in Trivialities

I started the day with one simple goal:  Don’t drown.

Then the alarm rang and day’s demands began with a clamoring rush to gather the pieces of myself left lying on the floor from the previous day—I may have missed some, but then again we’re never truly complete, as I ran to join the rat race.

Then the phone rang with more demands:  Get this.  Do that.  Pick up.  Don’t forget.  Ring-ringing nonstop, held hostage to its electronic cry.

It’s a balancing act.  Don’t drop the plates.  The day isn’t even close to ending.

The trivialities are just chest-high.  

No comments:

Post a Comment