Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Cellar Door

Ok.  This 100 word story is a little strange, and this is coming from the one who wrote it.  I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy (I might be heading in that direction), but I felt that I needed to write this.  

So two things that inspired this.  Well I'm reading "The Myth of Sisyphus and other essays" by Albert Camus (so there's a tinge of absurdism philosophy in this and my past few 100 word stories), and... well... Donnie Darko.  I just finished watching it and just had to write about Cellar Door.  

I'll be honest.  That was the first time I've watched it (I've been procrastinating from watching good movies) and it has simply shot up my list of movies I need to have in a post-apocalyptic world.  

Ok.  I'm going to shut up now.  

Enjoy.  







11/05/2013 (Tuesday)- Cellar Door

It stands there as an invitation, an object built from compound words.

It sings a song of silence to balance out the madness we tend to subscribe as white noise:  a cacophony of voices, beeps, rings, a multitude of things clamorous and invasive in our daily races.

Yet each day we return to these circle races, running, waiting for the day we feel good.

A race we never win.  A race that never ends.

It stands there each time I return home a little worn out.

An object built from compound words.

An invitation to escape from this mad world.

No comments:

Post a Comment