Saturday, November 2, 2013

Brother's Keeper: Roots

Another old 100 word story update.  I promised to post the following two parts to make it up to all of you.  I hope you enjoy the awesome writing of my friend, Webster Arayata.  

Enjoy!







8 Doctor:  Roots

      Hours of work had yielded crimson, pink, and white produce – separated and organized accordingly. Through the lull I recall my lineage.

      I am by birth a Genevese; and my family is one of the most distinguished of that republic. My ancestors had been for many years counsellors and syndics; and my father had filled several public situations with honour and reputation.

      They’d be appalled if they saw me now.

      It was a good thing my ‘gatherer’ was neither squeamish nor conscientious regarding our recondite undertakings. Or was he?

      Compelled by curiosity, I step out of my chamber to seek him.

No comments:

Post a Comment