Saturday, November 2, 2013

Brother's Keeper: Dear Brother...

Another old 100 word story update.  Seventh part of Brother's Keeper, this one I actually did a big heavy edit.  

Enjoy.  







7 Gravedigger:  Dear Brother...

I take a deep breath of fresh air after stepping out of his laboratory, leaning heavily against the rough oak door holding back the stench of death and decay.

He promised.  I brought him what he needed for his task… and more. I brought him enough corpses to sate his deprave curiosity.  Enough bodies for him to play and cut and chop.

I retrace my steps back down the stone staircase to my wagon, counting the lies I’ve told and lived to reach this moment.

This one moment.  This one chance for atonement.

To bring my brother back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment