Thursday, October 31, 2013

His Name is Neil, The Other One is Terry

This isn't a real 100 word story, more of like a 100 word essay.  I just needed to get it out of my head, and share it with everyone.  This is basically how I write, I usually ask that person in my head if it feels right, if it sounds right as I read it aloud afterwards I listen to the story in his voice.  

Depending on the mood of the story I go to the voice better suited for it.  Needless to say the voices in my head are those of my two favorite authors:  Neil Gaiman, and Terry Pratchett.  

They've helped me out a lot, and they've helped me get things on paper so as not to beat myself up staring at a blank sheet for over four hours.  

Enjoy, I'm still looking for the seed of a real story.  

This is how I write.  







10/31/2013 (Thursday)- His Name is Neil, The Other One is Terry.

When I write I listen to a voice in my head, he tells me each time I come to him to put a little piece of me in each story.   To write what entertains me most, what I find interesting and to turn it around and find a different perspective.

Another way of looking at it.  Another way to story-tell.

For all stories have been told, but you have not told all stories yet;  So tell it in your voice, from your eyes, stemming from your dreams and memories.

The words will flow, and you’ll be surprised.

There’s your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment