Friday, October 18, 2013

A Few Cat Tips on Chasing Stories

I've been reading two books.  Damned by Chuck Palahniuk, and A Life Worth Living by T.L. Scott (which I'll be posting a review on in a few days).  

So my dreams the past few nights have been a little weird: a mix of Chuck Palahniuk narration, a pinch of news, and a dash of T.L. Scott.  I sleep with the TV on, while letting a good book lead me to Never Land.  

This is dedicated to those who weave their stories using dreams that they've had, since I usually try to get stories from my dreams. 

Enjoy!  Thank God that calico didn't sing again.







10/18/2013 (Friday)- A Few Cat Tips on Chasing Stories

I woke from a story as I was chasing a dream, to find calico tapping my window.  He apologized for waking me but he saw I was doing nothing important.

“I was chasing a dream to turn into a story,” I grumped.

It’s the first time I’ve seen someone chasing something with their eyes closed.   I’ll give you some tips if you like.

I shrugged.  At least tonight he didn’t offer to sing.

Keep your heart young, your mind full.  But most importantly… 

“… yes?”

... keep your eyes open.

Then he laughed and laughed all over the floor.

All night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment