Saturday, September 14, 2013

Friday Fabrications

Immediately wrote this after waking up this Saturday morning.  I couldn't picture it in my head last Friday night, I got tired of staring at a blank page for three hours so I decided to sleep.  I went to bed with that question:  

"What makes a good story?"

Naturally the calico came to tell me, and as catty as ever, answered with one word and demanded another bowl of milk if I wanted more to the answer.  I decided I'd leave it as is, I didn't want him to get too attached to me (or was it the other way around?).

Enjoy another 100 word storytelling!  Thank you for always coming back and sharing this page.


09/13/13 (Friday)- Friday Fabrications

I stopped placing words into a blank page, just as the calico arrived.  I put out the usual for our Friday affairs: a bowl of milk, and a cup o’ Joe.  After a few minutes of chit-chat I asked the calico a question that’s been burning a hole in my pocket.

“Spend your question wisely,” said the calico, “I don’t pay with answers at times, and I definitely don’t tip just for a bowl of milk.”

“Well… what makes a good story?”

“Ah…,” he smiled, “that’s easy.  Lies.”

“Lies?”

“Don’t be greedy, I already answered one question,” the calico sniffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment