Thursday, September 26, 2013

An Autumn Riddle

As we enter into Fall, I thought it would be apt to celebrate it with a riddle.  A little late, but I had to sleep and think on how to word it.  I hope you enjoy it, actually the first time I made a riddle.  A really easy one at that since I'm including a picture.  Hahaha!




09/25/2013 (Wednesday)- An Autumn Riddle

We light the night, flitting about one another like butterfly lovers.  Our paper wings fill from the loving heat of our candlelit hearts.  Carrying wishes for the return of the Sun, and the Spring after Winter.

We sail down the river, ethereal as we flow on boats aglow by candlelight.  Our bodies fill from the loving heat of our candlelit hearts.  Carrying prayers and tears for the dead that their spirits may find restful peace.

We stay up late at night.  We die by morning light.  Our bodies fill by the loving heat of our candlelit hearts.

What am I?  

No comments:

Post a Comment