Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Drink of Purple Rain

Another 100 word story.

A story attempt at trying to get over my bad weather funk.

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://flickrhivemind.net/User/Nate%20Bittinger/Interesting






05/11/2014 (Monday)- A Drink of Purple Rain

          I was drinking my way to happiness.  It was a one-step behind, two-shots ahead kinda night.

          I didn’t mind that a raincloud was drinking with me.  The bartender was a lousy talker anyways.

          You know what ticks me?  Raincloud asked.

          “What?”

          That song.  Rain, rain go away.

          “Why?  What’s wrong?”

          You people always think I’m the bad guy.

          “… you kinda rain on parades a lot,”  I said, ice cubes clinking in my half-empty glass.

          He gave me a pained look:  You can’t have a rainbow, without a little rain.

          I watched him walk out into a rainbow-less stormy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment