Thursday, February 6, 2014

Oughta be Praying

Another 100 word story.

Honestly was trying to avoid another devil story and try to bring it back to the theme of love, but I just had to listen to Nina Simone- Sinner Man, and my hands just started shaking to her voice and the song's rhythm.

I'd like to think it was based off that song (well, parts of it is), but I just finished up watching a documentary "I Am" which reflects on the questions:  What's wrong with our world?  and What can we do to make it better?  Fantastic documentary. A must watch, and I won't say anything else, just because I don't think I'm capable of finding the right words to explain how it's changed my perception of happiness.

Enjoy.

*picture is originally from http://resourcemagonline.com/2013/04/photo-series-christian-hopkins-and-his-surreal-photography/






02/05/2014 (Wednesday)-  Oughta be Praying

               I died yesterday
               turned away at the pearly gates
              
               they said:
                              my sins were too long
                              my sins I started too young
                                             of course,
                                                            I never did stop sinning
                              oh, yeah, my blood was boiling
                                             you didn’t hear me praying, lord? 
                                                            you didn’t hear me needing, lord?        
                                             of course,
                                                            I don’t blame you.
               you probably didn’t see me praying
               you probably couldn’t hear my crying
                              ‘cause everyone down here
                                                            all we do is pray and cry. 

               we meek walking these beggar-streets—
                              —hungry, thirsty, poor, mourning our fates
                                            
               so I ran to the devil,
               He was waiting
just another sinner praying...

               

No comments:

Post a Comment