Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Calico Wishes

Another 100 word story.

Sorry if Monday's story was a bit late, seems to be a habit after going a few days of making extra 100 stories.  Which is my fault.  I've kind of been draining the well dry.  I'm only realizing it now as I finish this up, which is also the inspiration for me writing this.  I have a bunch of short stories laying around that need to be finished, a ghost-writing project a friend wants me to take on, research into freelancing work, and real life outside my door.

Why look at freelance writing?  Well, I figured I may as well make some money doing something I enjoy.  I do write about 4,000 words a day (of pure garbage and nonsense, which I try to find stories afterwards).  Plus it would give me another reason to shut myself off from interacting with world outside my door for just a little bit longer... I act like an introvert, but I'm too much of an extrovert (basing this on my drinking behavior).

I regret missing out on some awesome contests last December as well, so I'm pushing myself to find time to work on doing more submissions into contests and actual magazines (thanks to everyone who have been giving me such positive comments on this blog).

Before I go, I just wanted to share a few links with everyone (since I'm assuming that it's mostly writers that read my sturf).  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and be careful about drying up your creative well!  (Otherwise you'll end up watching Disney Cartoons eating ice cream just like me! Nooooooo...)

http://www.openculture.com/2013/05/ernest_hemingways_reading_list_for_a_young_writer_1934.html

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-best-pieces-writing-advice-i-didnt-get-in-school/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage

Enjoy!

*picture is originally from http://lovemeow.com/2010/10/baby-the-lovely-calico-kitty/






01/13/2014 (Monday)-  Calico Wishes

               I find myself staring down an empty well with Calico, searching for words and phrases to complete a story.  The last bucket giving us garbled junk and nonsense Disney lyrics: bibidi-babidi-boo, etc.
 
               You’re trying too hard, Calico said playing with the frayed-rope holding the bucket.
 
               “Hush,” I lowered the bucket one more time.  “Do.  Or do not.  There is no try.”

               Maybe if you tossed a coin?  Make a wish?

               “I didn’t bring my wallet.  I’m sure you don’t have any change.”

               I do.  I don’t think you want to use them though.

               “Why is that?”

               They’re all bad pennies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment