Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Calico Breakdown

Another 100 word story.

I guess I've been reading too many books, and been letting the voices of the ones I've read affect my writing.  I can see the changes over time as I read the first few posts I've written on this blog up to the ones now.  Not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing, but it is something I need to reflect on and think about when I'm still just searching for my writing voice.

Enjoy this light introspection from Calico cat.

*picture is originally from http://www.thatcutesite.com/cats-kittens-reading-books-18-pictures.html






01/07/2014 (Tuesday)- Calico Breakdown

               I’ve noticed a few changes, Calico said as he sat on the laptops keyboard reading my stories. 

               “I’ve been trying some new stuff.  Thought it would be fun.”

               Hrrmmm...

               “Ok,” I said turning my attention away from his swishing hypnotic tail.  “What’s the matter?”

               I consider us friends and-

               “You mean freeloader, right?”

               --Friends that share.  And I’ve noticed something in your writing.

               “Good?”

               Well.  Take it as you will. 

               “What’s the matter?”

               You try to verse like Bukowski, you try to dialogue like Salinger, you try to space in Earnest.  But you seemed to have lost your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment