Wednesday, October 2, 2013

An Old Story Revisited: The Temptation of Hamelin

Not a new story, but an old story I decided to revisit and edit since it's the perfect month for creepy stories.  I'm going to try and post more stuff today since I'm off.  

Enjoy!







12/05/2011 (Monday)-  The Temptation of Hamelin

The music plays again tonight, the song creeps its way under doors and windows.  It climbs into bed and crawls over my skin.  I’ve scratch my skin raw to be rid of it, finally drawing blood just last night.

Resist.  You are strong.  Resist.

The notes tug and pull at me, the flats slap, the sharps sting.  Resist.  I-I must…

I open my eyes to look out the window from my bed.  Children fill the street dancing and twirling in the moonlight led by the Piper in his multicolored cloak and red hooves.

He looks up and smiles at me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment