Friday, October 11, 2013

A Parlor for Spiders and Flies

Whew!  I was worried I wouldn't be able to come up with something before heading to work to do a double shift.  

This came to me as I listened to a song preparing myself mentally for working a 14 hour double shift, and an upcoming week of weird shifting hours of jumping between morning and evening shift.  Not sure when I'll be able to sleep properly until they release the new schedule at work.  

I regret sleeping with the news playing on the background as well, I have a feeling it may have had some influence on this work as well.  

Enjoy!  I'm finally on the right date, hopefully I won't be a day late again thanks to my work schedule.  (fingers crossed)






10/11/2013 (Friday)- A Parlor for Spiders and Flies

We lay in a web of lies,
Stuck with the spiders and the flies.
Dew beading down silken threads,
Around dried up husks of the dead. 

We tried to cry out, voices falling on deaf ears.
We tried to crawl out, but the dead and the flies played on our fears.

We lay in a web of lies,
Stuck with the spiders and the flies.
Blood dripping from its silken thread,
Signs of our struggle from this dread.

We spun this web ourselves, born our fears and hate,
A web left for our children,
A lie for them to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment