Friday, May 16, 2014

Thar She Blows!

Another 100 word story.

I spend a good amount of time waiting for a story to hit me, that sometimes I find myself wasting time doing nothing.  Waiting for something never really works, and it only hit me later on that if I just keep writing, even gobbledy-gook nonsense, eventually a story will pop out somewhere.

Enjoy this whale of a tale.

*picture is originally from http://lincolnblogs.wordpress.com/page/2/






04/17/2014 (Friday)- Thar She Blows! 

          I found myself adrift in an ocean of inky words, searching for my next whale of a tale.  I knew it was a dream—not because of the absurdity of salty words spraying against our faces, or the pen-shaped harpoon, or the anchor made from writer’s block.

          It was Calico asking to be called Ishmael, and if we could stop to catch some tuna:  I thought we were just going fishing, he whined.

          “We’ll find it,” I spat awaiting inspiration.

          Y’know, waiting for a big one is all good, but you’ll miss all the delicious little things swimming by.

No comments:

Post a Comment